Sunday 22 February 2015

Evaluation Question 3 (Re-filmed)

Evaluation Q3.
21/02/2015
Vasil

 What have you learnt from your audience feedback?
Video Link in case of failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw9TrRM0BiA 
By evaluating my work, I was able to gather the feedback from my audiences and other audience types to comment and give my feedback on what I could improve on within my media products and what they thought was good and beneficial to the products too. It is important to evaluate my work so that I can decide and look at the work I have produced and see whether the task given to me was a success or what other elements could I involve to make my product more successful. Furthermore, by evaluating my work I would be able to understand all of the elements I have included and whether or not I have conformed or subverted to the genre§s conventions. By having a rough cut on YouTube, I was able to get my inch target audience to evaluate my music video. I also showcased my M.V to meet my peers in a classroom setting and get them to evaluate it in the same way and give me evaluative points from which I can improve.

I used YouTube to showcase my music video so that I would be able to achieve a wider and more global audience will help by giving me constructive feedback on my music video. By doing this, I was able to relate to it as an audience and help me improve it. YouTube allows me to get my music video globally recognised from other countries, due to the large global scale of YouTube. This allows me to see what a larger audience would think of my music video and how it could help me develop as a producer by taking on the constructive criticisms and make my music video better. As YouTube allows people to view, and share videos, it would be beneficial for my M.V. to be on the website as it would gain my music video more views and more importantly, opinions as viewers would be able to share, it would be beneficial for my M.V. to be on the website as it would gain my music video more views and more importantly opinions as viewers would be able to share and view the video at a simple click of the left mouse button. This also allows more viewers to gain a better understanding of the genre I am trying to portray and will let me know whether they think the production is conventional or relatable to the niche audience.

Another positive is to let the audience comment on my music video and share their own opinion by commenting on the music video. I had some very constructive feedback which included comments such as "Some clips were too repetitive" (Seen in the long sequence where the lyrics were repeating themselves); "Lip-synch needs improvements"; "More editing is needed". There are also comments such as "I like the artist`s clothing". These were just a snippet from the comments I received within my music video on YouTube and I took all of these on board when it came to improve my music video. With these comments, I was able to see an unbiased view of what society thought of my music video and gain feedback with which I gave my best to make my music video better than it was.

The comments also made me feel like a producer,  as it made me feel confident about my skills as a producer. I also felt that if I had more editing knowledge, I would have been able to gain the full confidence of my target audience. I was able to take on the constructive comments and as a producer felt that I could make small changes to my music video. By taking on the comments, I believed that I was able to incorporate the the wanted needs into the music video and make the product more professional than the audience thought was now very reliable.

For example, with the comments asking me to add more scenes, I filmed with two cameras and shot several new scenes from Thorpe Park, which introduced more positive times (for the couple) in the narrative. This way, I showed more artist memory and made the audience try to connect with the artist better as this aid them relate to her. I also improved the lip-synch by listening to the song and adjusting the time frame of each scene in order to have my artist singing the correct lyrics. Some of the scenes such as the smoking and the love couple pretending to be on the Titanic in the park had to be increased by 20%. (Using the re-time function) in order to improve the synchronisation. I also added in new editing effects such as: flashing to make the music video more entertaining and up-beat fro the audience. This can be seen in the Thorpe Park scene where the couple decided to test some rides. This way, the audience felt their needs were met and they felt more entertained. I found those changes as essential into making my artist more representational and also make my music video more professional for the music industry.

This feedback would help me if I was working within the music industry as it would help me make my product more entertaining. It would help me develop as a producer as I had to try and develop my product with new technologies (Such as more graphic effects) and make the artist perform and use more of their time to help make the music video more better and more entertaining for the audience. The feedback would be able to help me develop as a producer myself as I would have to correct my own mistakes and change what I thought didm`t go well for the audience even if it looked good. I would have to take on board the opinions of others and improve my teamwork skills through the feedback if I wished the music video to be more successful.

1 comment:

  1. You have provided a proficient analysis of your music video and feedback, clearly stating the importance of feedback, as well as giving examples of different feedback received, You have mentioned how this would benefit you if you worked in the music industry and mentioned the benefits of youtube.

    You need to:
    1) Give some more examples of positive feedback received
    2) Think carefully about how this benefited you overall as a producer
    3) Watch spelling etc.

    ReplyDelete